Thursday 12 July 2018

Lighting Up The Television


As seen in the previous update, it is fireworks season!  In addition to having large explosions in the sky, I decided to do my best AC/DC impression and help everyone blow up their video.  I sent one of my photographs to CTV News Montreal as part of their Weatherpix segment and thankfully, it was selected and aired on the newscast for all to see.  As for the photograph itself, the trick with these shots is to get a large explosion early on because the lights on the Jacques Cartier Bridge turn off when the fireworks begin.  So, I began taking the photograph just before the 10 second countdown began, and kept my finger on the trigger as all of the white fireworks went off near the base of the bridge.  After what seemed like an eternity, there was finally a large blue burst in the sky and I could close the shutter.  I immediately check my screen and was pleased with what I saw.  All of the fireworks were nice and clear, the lights of the bridge were on, and we even get a nice view of the iconic cross that sits atop Mount Royal.  A success all around.  I quickly cleaned it up a little bit once I got home, sent it off to CTV and there it was on the news.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 93sec, ISO 100 at 27mm.  Thanks once again to Lori Graham and everyone at CTV News.  Next update, more explosions for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment