Monday 16 July 2018

Montreal International Fireworks Competition - Austria

L'International des Feux Loto‑Québec continued this past Wednesday night as Austria was the latest Country to light up the sky over Montreal.  The fireworks were produced by steyrFire Feuerwerke company.  I'd like to tell you a little more about them, but my German is a little rusty.  From looking around their website, I did notice that they have won 16 different competitions over the years.  The theme for the show was "Let's Dance" and featured various popular tunes from Chuby Checker, Elvis Presley, The Bee Gees and Michael Jackson.  I chose one of my favourite locations to shoot these photographs as I wanted to get there before everyone on vacation ends up packing the place.  I love that spot because it offers a great view of the fireworks, but also a nice view of the Jacques Cartier Bridge in the background, and some nice reflections of the fireworks in the water along with any boats who happen to be floating around.  Depending on how wide I end up cropping the finished photograph, some of the buildings of downtown Montreal can be seen, as well as the Cross on Mount Royal.  To be sure I had a good spot, I  left home at 8:00PM and there were still several people already there.  The closer we got to 10:00PM, the more people there seemed to be. My little 'secret' location is obviously a secret no more.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 27mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 15sec, ISO 100 at 27mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took during the show.

f/16, 20sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

f/16, 25sec, ISO 100 at 27mm

Those are some of the best shots of this batch, but there are still several more shows to come so get ready for more explosions in the weeks to come.








No comments:

Post a Comment