Wednesday 24 June 2020

Back To The Drawing Board


A few month back while digging through the archives I found a photograph that I had given the 'Photoshop' treatment to.  While continuing my search, I ended up finding two others that had gotten a similar make-over.  Since there was no large outcry on how they were terrible or anything, I figured I'd release the other two here before they disappeared into the vast area of my hard drive once again.
I took these photographs a few years back when My Lovely Assistant and I were biking back home from visiting the World Press Photo exhibit in Montreal.  We stopped on the Pont de la Concorde that connects Montreal to Île Sainte-Hélène as the sun was beginning to set and I was hoping to get some panorama style photographs of the old port area of Montreal and the Jacques Cartier Bridge.
These photographs are kind of dated by the fact that the bridge doesn't have all of the lights that were installed a couple of years ago.  As the sun was going down, I grabbed the old Montreal shots first because I already had a bunch of the bridge. The sky was also a little more red over the city.  Once home, I cropped them to 12" x 6" and then used a watercolour filter on both images.
The first photograph was taken at f/18, 3/10sec, ISO 1600 at 42mm and the second photograph was taken at f/16, 5sec, ISO 1600 at 28mm.  Not quite sure why I was shooting at ISO 1600 since I obviously had a tripod with me.  Back in the day I used to have the bad habit of not resetting my ISO after raising it for a photo.  Luckily, I seem to have learned that lesson as it hasn't happened very much since.  I guess these drawings are fun, but I still prefer to do as little as possible in Photoshop.  It's much more fun to shoot than to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment