Sunday 21 June 2020

Family Flowers

I guess you could say that I'm a creature of habit.  Lots of my updates here on The Old Blog tend to follow a yearly pattern.  Usually on Father's Day, we head out to visit my parents and I take photographs of the flowers I had given her for Mother's Day.  However, a little problem with a virus you may have heard about meant that Mom didn't end up getting her usually gift.  So, since I am a creature of habit, and I believe in keeping things in the family, I dug into my archives and found these Day Lilies that I had taken one year while visiting my brother.  I snapped them off in a couple of different angles to accentuate their reaching parts and pollen, to try an find an angle I had not yet used before.  It's always fun to play with flowers, especially Day Lilies which are among my favourites.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/125sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  Here is another.

f/4, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 60mm

There may not have been any fresh flower photographs this year, but we did end up getting together as a family for the first time in months.  It was great to see everyone, hopefully we can get back to our usual habits for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment