Monday 8 June 2020

Bark At The Moon

Since moving the Head Office, I've been searching for a good spot to take sunset photographs.  I've yet to find one to my liking, though I have taken a few sunset photographs that just haven't appeared on The Old Blog just yet.  I need to keep some photographs in the archives for whatever little disaster the world is waiting to surprise us with next.  What I have found though, is a nice view of the moon.  This past Friday was a Full Moon with a penumbral lunar eclipse, which happens when the Earth comes between the Sun and the Moon, casting a slightly darker shadow.   Sadly, the effects weren't really visible in North America, but that is okay because I was treated to a different kind of show.  There was a storm moving in that ended up hitting over night, but it caused a good number of clouds to pass before the Moon.  The first photograph was taken at f/16, 1/4sec, ISO 100 at 200mm.  Here are a couple more shots of the Moon and the passing clouds.

f/16, 1/6sec, ISO 100 at 200mm

f/16, 1/6sec, ISO 100 at 200mm

f/16, 1/6sec, ISO 100 at 200mm

With that, the rain quickly arrived and it was time to pack up and go home.  I thought that the clouds made some nice patterns in the sky.  Now, to keep looking for a spot to grab some sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment