Thursday 4 June 2020

Bread For Belle Mom

Time goes by fast.  Time flies and sometimes photos get buried in the archives because of it. These photos got buried last year, but for a different reason.  This loaf of pistachio bread was the creation of My Lovely Assistant.  As usual, I always try and grab a quick photograph of her creations before we eat them.  Quick being a relative term.  We had brought the loaf of bread over to her Mom's house, where we were going to share the tasty treat.  I wasn't happy with the assortment of backgrounds that I was trying and was about to give up when Belle Mom suggested that I try using the wall of her house.  We cleared a shelf, put the bread on a cutting board and I snapped away.  On our next visit, Belle Mom asked why she hadn't seen the photo on the blog yet.  As was usually the case, other photos ended up getting shown, and I had photographed a concert a few days later, so the bread ended up sliding down the list.  But, I promised her it would be up very soon.  Then, the unthinkable happened.  On June 4th, Belle Mom passed away.  It's been a year, and I still can't believe that it has happened.  For a long time, I couldn't bring myself to look at these shots, knowing how much she had wanted to see them, but never got to.  So, in the form of a little tribute, here is that loaf of bread, and Belle Mom's wall.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 51mm with some bounced flash.  The second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 34mm with some flash as well.  Here is a bonus 'making of' photo I took of the pistachios before the found their way into the bread.
f/7.1, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm

I'm hoping that they have WI-FI in that big place up in the sky so that she can finally see the photograph of the bread and her wall.  I'm sorry that it took so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment