Sunday 14 June 2020

A Day At The Races

Today would have been the F-1 Montreal Grand-Prix, but it's become the latest on the long list of events that have been either rescheduled or delayed.  To make up for the missed action, I dug out a couple of toy cars and staged a Grand-Prix in my backyard.  In order to create the illusion of speed, I parked two other cars on top of a table.  I used some candle holders to create a fake race barrier and tied some fishing wire to the F-1 racer.  My Lovely Assistant then pulled on the wire, and I panned the camera while shooting the action.  This little trick gives off the illusion of the car moving by blurring the background.  You can see the rims of the tires aren't frozen, this gets done by using a slow shutter speed.  The photograph was taken at f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  My Lovely Assistant would have you believe that she pulled that string for over 30minutes, but it's not quite true.  It surely wasn't more than 25.  Regardless, our little racer took the checked flag at the inaugural Head Office Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment