Tuesday 18 August 2020

Follow The Brown Gravel Road

It's not quite as glamorous as that fabled yellow brick version from the land of Oz, but there also isn't a wicked witch hanging around looking to get you and your little dog too!  This photograph, taken at f/9, 1/30sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, was the opening of a little walking trail My Lovely Assistant and I took last year during our vacation.  We didn't happen upon any Scarecrows, Tin Men or Cowardly Lions, but did have an interesting encounter with some quicksand that resulted in my shoes not making the return trip home. The leaf-less trees tend to make one think more about horror movies rather than family stroll, but I've always been drawn more towards the darker side of the street so all of the reaching branches and creeping shadows were right up my alley.  Besides, I think it would have been far more interesting to meet a bunch of flying monkeys instead of a bunch of singing Munchkins.  Next time though, we'll steer clear of the quicksand.

No comments:

Post a Comment