Tuesday 25 August 2020

Musical Memories - Part I

One of my many 2019 highlights was getting a photo pass to shoot the concerts at the annual Saint-Lambert en Fête.  I had been going to this event since my family had moved to the city when I was eight years old.  So, it was extra special for me to be back on the site, this time camera in hand as photographer taking in the shows from the front of the stage.  This set of photographs took place on the final afternoon of the event.  Up first was the Preville Big Band.  A terrific little group that I had been able to photograph twice before, and the final act of the weekend was The Luckies, a rockabilly band that brought the event to a close with their rockin' tunes.  The first photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/200sec, ISO 400 at 200mm.  Here are a couple more photographs.

 f/2.8, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 70mm

 f/2.8, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 30mm

f/2.8, 1/800sec, ISO 400 at 24mm

That was the end of the festivities, but it is just the beginning of our trip through time.  If you'd like to find out more about The Preville Big Band and The Luckies, follow the links to their respective websites.  If you'd like to see the other photographs I took of the groups, you can find the Preville Big Band at this link and The Luckies at this link.  Hope to get the chance to photograph both of them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment