Tuesday 17 November 2020

Curved Colour

We've had a series of rather grey days here in the neighbourhood, so I thought that some of you out there on the internets might like a little dose of colour.  Back when the leaves began to fall, I was keeping my eyes peeled for a bright red leaf with a bit of a curve to it.  While out for a walk with The Heir Apparent, this one caught my eye.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  After bringing it home, I took one of my frames off of the wall and placed the leaf on the black backboard behind it.  I then bounced some flash off the wall in order to get the red to really stand out and also to get the tips looking nice and crisp and makes the veins more visible.  The photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.  That little peak hole under the curve of the leaf is the effect I was looking for and I liked the shadows created by the flash.  A fun little home project.

No comments:

Post a Comment