Wednesday 25 November 2020

Victorian Sunset

As mentioned in the last update, I spent five days going to a spot trying to get a nice sunset photograph.  It is said that patience is a virtue and here is the proof.  On the seventh day I finally got my sunset.  Those of you familiar with the geography would know that I was near the train tracks leading to the Victoria Bridge, my favourite of the bridges that lead to Montreal.  After five cloudy days, the sun was nice and bright this past Monday, so I headed out to the tracks.  When the sun was at the right spot, it reflected on the tracks creating some nice leading lines to the structure of the bridge.  I was hoping that the bridge would have been raised for the photograph, but after a week of waiting, I was just happy to have my sunset and orange sky.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 160mm.  A little serious note to end things, please be sure to be careful when photographing near train tracks.  I took a few more shots while I was there, so maybe we'll see a couple more here in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment