Tuesday 4 May 2021

I Am A Jedi

Since it's another Fourth of May, that means that it is time once again to open the toy box and remember the fun times of years gone by.  For those of you who may need a reminder, the Fourth of May is Star Wars Day due to the similarity in the way the day is spoken, and the famous salutation of the Jedi, 'May the Force be with you.'  'May the Force'....'May the Forth', not much else needs to be said.  Last year, I dusted off an old Darth Vader figure and decided to try and broaden my admittedly limited Photoshop skills to add a glowing light-saber to the Dark Lord of the Sith.  So, this year I figured I'd do the same with a Jedi Master who began as a simple moisture farmer on Tatooine.  Of course, I'm talking about Luke Skywalker.  I put our Jedi Master in the middle of a Rosemary plant.  An odd choice to be sure, but I wanted some kind of different background than a piece of cardboard.  I also liked the way it kind of looked like the leaves were trying to reach out and trap our hero.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/100sec, ISO 100 at 63mm with a little bit of added flash bounced off of the ceiling.  I then used my little Photoshop tricks I learned last year to add the glowing effect to Luke's light-saber and we were off to save the galaxy, or at least my Rosemary plant.  May The Forth, I mean The Force, be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment