Monday 17 May 2021

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Since the arrival of The Heir Apparent, I have been revisiting several of the old nursery rhymes that I remember being sung to me when I was young.  One of my favourites from that long ago time was Itsy Bitsy Spider, conveniently often sung to me by my Grandmother next to their waterspout.   Last year, we added a couple of apple trees to the yard and the Cortland tree is already in full bloom.  I thought I'd get a few photographs of the flowers before they hopefully become apples.  While I was trying to find the right angle, I noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye.  Sure enough, there was an itsy, bitsy spider running around the petals.  I waited for the little guy to stop running, and it was fortunately in a good spot, so I quickly took the photograph.  It was taken at f/4, 1/1600sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I always enjoy photographing flowers, but it's always nice to get a little insect friend come in for a guest appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment