Wednesday 12 May 2021

Leaving On A Jet Plane

There is something impressive about watching an airplane take off.  The roar of the jets, the rumble of the ground and just watching this large chunk of steel rolling down the runway at high speed before finally lifting up off the ground and flying away. Since moving the head office, I've been wanting to try an capture a take-off, but the scheduling never seemed to work out.  On Sunday, I took the time to quickly scan the departures schedule and saw that one of the big jets would be taking off in 15 minutes.  I quickly hoped in the car and made it to the airport just at the plane was taxiing from the hanger to the runway.  I had hoped to get a view straight on to the runway, but there were several obstructions, including a pesky chain link fence meant to keep people like me out.  So, I climbed up a short foothill and tried to get an angle as the plane began to take off.  I took the photograph at f/16, 1/500sec, ISO 400 at 175mm.  I'll keep poking my nose around the airport to see if I can find a better view for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment