Sunday 9 January 2022

Moonlight Spotlight

In more normal times, this past weekend would have been the final Fire on Ice fireworks presentation down at the Old Port of Montreal.  It is just another in the long list of social events that have been lost to The Plague. Often, after the final explosions have happened, I like to stick around and take some photographs of what are often rather peaceful scene after such loud, explosive events.  On this particular evening I was shooting the fireworks from Île Sainte-Hélène, which offers a great view of the city.  If you'd like to see the fireworks that took place before this shot was taken, you can do so by following this link.  From going back in the archives, I noticed that I took a few shots after the fireworks that night, so I guess it wasn't that cold of a December night.  This one gets published first because I'm still a sucker for the bright lights of the big city.  Especially since a nice moon in the sky.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 30sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  We'll see if I get to see some moonlight spotlights later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment