Thursday 20 January 2022

Smoke On The Frozen Water

We're about to head into another deep freeze here in this part of the world, and no, I am not complaining.  Our previous dip in the temperature saw the windchill hit a chilly -28C.  For most people, that would be a good reason to maybe sleep in a little bit and snuggle under some warm covers.  For me, it means that it's time to head down to the river and feel the mist freeze against my face.  I went down to my favourite spots with view down the St, Lawrence river towards the new and old Champlain Bridges.  I was there a little after sunrise so it was still low on the river.  I angled myself to get some lens flares in the shot and to get some nice ice fog.  I really like it when the ice fog looks like it is reaching up from the water, trying to grab at the sun.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/40sec, ISO 100 at 57mm.  I underexposed the photograph a little bit to bring out the blue of the sky and make the fog a little more golden.  Everything looks better when it's cold





2 comments: