Tuesday 8 February 2022

Cloudy Canvas

There wasn't much to do last year and there weren't very many places to go, so we spent lots of time in the backyard with The Heir Apparent.  I would spend some of that time lazing in my deck chair and staring at the clouds in the sky.  Sometimes, what I would see ended up being quite extraordinary.  There were all kinds of different cloud formations and mixes of colour over the hours of the day and I would often keep a camera close by.  Sure, it was mostly to photograph The Heir Apparent, but I would also point my lens to the heavens every once in a while when I saw something that caught my attention.  It probably takes a little bit of imagination, but it kind of looks like giant monster head looking to strike at the light of the sun that was about to be swallowed by a different set of clouds below.  Yes, a little bit of imagination comes in handy when cloud watching. The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/200sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  There's always something waiting to be seen hiding in the clouds.  Just take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment