Tuesday 22 February 2022

Winter Jewels

February is already almost over, but it still traditionally holds a lot of the power that Winter has to offer.  Such was the case this past weekend when we had high winds and blizzard like conditions.  The fallen snow caused a bit of a split in one of the Cedar plants in front of the Head Office.  Knowing where the sun rises, I went out for a little photograph after breakfast.  I used a small aperture to get a nice star effect on the sun and lined myself up to get some nice lens flare in my shot.  All backed by a crisp and cool February sky.  I also used some flash to no lose the colours of the Cedar as I didn't want them to be darkened out by the sun.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  I always like to play with lens flares, they look like little colourful jewels dancing around in the Winter air.

No comments:

Post a Comment