Saturday 12 March 2022

Candlelight Dinner

I'm the first person to say that I love Winter, but even I must admit that there are several days during the season when you simply have no choice but to stay inside.  While I have The Heir Apparent to help pass the time, I also enjoy to take out the camera and play around with it from time to time as well.  Lately, The Heir Apparent has begun to ask that a candle be lit during our meals.  She likes to watch the flickering flame, but she also enjoys blowing it out afterwards and watching the smoke rise.  Hopefully, this doesn't mean that I am raising a pyromaniac.  In the meantime, I was looking at the candle during one of those dinners and some of the melted wax and leftover matches caught my eye. I spun the candle around a little bit until I found an angle that I liked and then snapped away.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I underexposed the photograph a little bit to get more of the glow and feel I found just the right angle with the candle to peak through a hole in the wax to see the flame.  It's always good to be able to fill some of that inside time. Now, I need to go make sure that the fire extinguishers are charged...just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment