Thursday 24 March 2022

My Spotlight

When I'm photographing a show, I'm often kind of a bundle of nervous energy.  In order to keep myself from fumbling around with my camera and doing something that I shouldn't do, like turning off the auto-focus function of my lens, I try and look around for things to photograph.  On this particular night I was trying to keep my hands off of any important buttons in between sets by Art Of Shock and Sacred Reich.  You can see the photographs of those bands by following the links, and while you're surfing around The Old Blog, check out the photographs of Sepultura, who headlined the evening, by following that link as well.  The Théâtre Corona is such a beautiful building, I often spend my time between bands just staring at the old paintings and architecture.  While looking around, this spotlight caught my eye.  The rays of light had a nice mix of yellow and blue to them, so I took a few shots.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 1/40sec, ISO 10000 at 70mm.  Soon after the lights were lowered, the show was about to begin and I had not turned off my auto-focus.  All was well in my little photographic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment