Thursday 13 October 2022

By The Fire

Possibly my favourite thing that we do while on vacation is sitting around a fire at the end of the day.  Some times, it's an adventure in and of itself just to get that fire started, but once it is set and roaring, there is no better place than to be seated in a comfy chair in front of it.  Being who I am, there is often a camera in my hand as I'm sitting next to that fire. A living, breathing thing, you can find all kinds of beauty amongst the dancing flames.  The curves of the fire, the colours of the burning embers and the details of the burnt wood are just a few of the things that always catch my eye as my lens gets pointed towards the flames.  This photograph, taken at f/2.8, 1/80sec, ISO 100 at 70mm, seems to have all of those things I mentioned.  Everyone gather around the fire and don't forget to bring the camera.  Some marshmallows would be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment