Saturday 29 October 2022

Creepy Crawly

With Hallowe'en just around the corner, it might be a good time to send a little chill down your spines.  I haven't had a very friendly relationship with spiders over the years.  With age, we've come to be a little more friendly as they tend to keep their distance, and I have learned to appreciate them a little more.  Still, there are some little 'wark' moments like when I stepped outside of the house and saw this guy hanging upside down under our deck light and giving me dirty looks.  In years gone by, it would have probably meant an instant squishing, but instead it lead to a little photo-shoot.  I can't tell if he's smiling or not, and despite our new respect for each other, I still had no desire to get any closer.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/160sec, ISO 100 at 200mm with some flash to help bring out his features.  When we last saw each other, he was snacking on a fly so I thought it best to leave him to his meal.  Better the fly than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment