Monday 12 August 2013

Siberian Iris

Back to my Mom's garden we go.  I have so many pictures to go through that the flowers will be blooming again next spring before I run out.  That's part of the fun with taking pictures.  There always seems to be something new and interesting to take a picture of.  My opinion may change come February, but that's okay because, as I mentioned, I have all kinds of flowers sitting here on the bench waiting to be put on the page.  This particular flower, a Siberian Iris, was photographed back in June during a Mother's Day/Father's Day lunch.  It's one of the many flowers that grow in my Mom's garden and I think it looks great.  The flower generally grows in Northern areas but is known for it's ability to grow in a wide range of climates.  It's main characteristic is its purplish colour, mixed with a lighter yellow center.  It may sound a little childish, but I purposely positioned myself to take this photo the way you see it because it looked like some kind of devilish flower demon that was sticking it's tongue out at me.  Don't look at me like that, I can't control my imagination.  I also love the details in the 'tongue', they almost look like veins.  This photograph was shot at f/4, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 60mm.  I used my Macro lens to take the picture, and coupled with shooting at f/4, it really helps separate the flower from the green foliage in the background.  Another example of how flowers make great models.

No comments:

Post a Comment