Sunday 4 August 2013

Bullet The Blue Sky

The 2013 L'International des Feux Loto-Québec ended the same way that it began, with rain.  Now, neither my camera nor myself are made of chocolate, but I'm still not to keen on getting it wet.  So, instead of a couple of shots from last night, you get another from the archives.  This shot came from 2009 and the show put on by Italy.  It was also one of the final cuts from my photography exhibition from last fall and one of the photos that also hang in my home.  I think those are some pretty good credentials and make this photograph worthy of being presented to all of you out there in Cyber World.  This photo was taken on a bicycle path just a little bit beyond the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  Oddly enough, I didn't go back to that location this year.  I'll have to be sure to go back next year as I really like the results.  I especially enjoy the reflections of the fireworks in the water at the bottom of the picture.  I don't know if you can see it at the size and resolution I chose for presentation here, but on the second whole boat from the left, you can actually see someone standing up on the boat to get a better view of the fireworks.  Just a small detail that I picked up and thought I would share.  This shot was taken at f/9, 21sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  I'll probably take a little break from fireworks for the moment, but to those of you who have enjoyed seeing them, don't worry.  I have plenty more in the archives so I'm sure it's a safe bet to say that you'll be seeing more around here before the 2014 competition begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment