Friday 30 August 2013

Time To Relax

Ahh, that's more like it.  Just getting back from a relaxing trip to Ottawa and then Lac Desert in the Mt. Tremblant region.  The camera got a good workout with the wide variety of buildings, statues, critters and insects that I found.  Most importantly, it was essential to take a few minutes and relax, as My Lovely Assistant is doing here.  She doesn't really like to have her picture taken, so I had to wait for her to have her back turned before I took this shot.  I also had to explain to her that I set the camera to better capture the lake and forest, rather than where she was sitting, thus keeping her in the shadows.  It's fun to throw the camera into Manual Mode from time to time.  I took a reading of the lake/trees and then set my camera.  I even slowed down the speed that the camera suggested by one stop as I found it to be nicer than what the camera had suggested.   This photo was shot at f/5, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 50mm.  We had a great couple of days up at the cottage and in Ottawa and there will be some stories to tell and photos to show.  I'm going to need another vacation in order to process all of the photos that I took.  Something tells me that the photos I took back in May are going to be bumped to May 2014.  Either that, or we'll have to go with five updates a week.  Nah, I don't see that happening either.

No comments:

Post a Comment