Tuesday 27 August 2013

Keep Photographing Everything

Those of you who were here over the last year have probably seen me write several times that the best way to get better at photography is to keep on shooting things.  Photograph everything is something that has been written several times on these pages, with examples always included.  Here's another little situation that I believe helps my case.  From the 16th-21st of August there was some work being done on the building where I live.  The metal guardrails were removed and repaired, but before they were replaced, I took out my camera and took a few shots of the old wood that the guardrails had previously been connected to.  I then used photoshop to crop the photos into different sizes and do some re-framing.  The first photo you see at the top of the page was shot at f/5, 1/2500sec, ISO 400 at 60mm and then cropped to 12" x 6".

f/5, 1/2000 sec, ISO 400 at 60mm

f/5, 1/2500sec, ISO 400 at 60mm

f/5, 1/2500sec, ISO 40 at 60mm

I like doing little projects like this where I take one photograph and I end up turning it into four, or more, separate photographs.  This also something else you've seen me do if you've been here for a while.  I think that all four of these are interesting photographs, and the subject was nothing more than a weathered piece of wood.  Get out there and shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment