Friday 9 August 2013

Play Ball!

This weekend (Aug 8 - 11) marks the 29th Annual Mike Reid Softball Tournament in Greenfield Park.  Teams from far and wide come to the little town of Greenfield Park to participate and to also raise funds for the Mackay Center School.   I didn't know Mike Reid or the Reid family, but I have been to watch the tournament many times.  If you'd like to know more about the Reid family and why this is such an important fund raising tournament, follow this link to a story by Stu Cowan of the Montreal Gazette. The photo you see here is not one that I took at the Tournament, but is one that I took while serving as unofficial photographer for the Journal l'Action Régionale for a story about the Saint-Basile-le-Grand Softball League.  I was hoping to capture the ball leaving the hand of the pitcher so I placed myself behind the screen at Home Plate and shot away.  I was worried that the screen would show up in my shot, but I was pressed so close up to it that the chain link fence didn't show up at all.  The photograph was shot at f/2, 1/320sec, ISO 400 at 135mm.  I cropped it a little bit to tighten up the image.  If you do happen to find yourself in the area of Greenfield Park this weekend, feel free to stop off at Pierre Laporte Park and cheer the teams on.

No comments:

Post a Comment