Sunday 2 March 2014

Blow Up The Outside World

Back in October I had the good fortune of looking out my window just in time to see, what in my mind, was a spectacular sunset.  It was a nice mix of yellow/orange sky and some thin clouds.  Don't just take my word for it, go and take a look for yourself.  A few short weeks later I had the good fortune to have history repeat itself.  I was walking down the hall when I took time to take a quick glance out the window.  What I saw sent me running for my camera.  The sky was a bright red, which unfortunately didn't last very long.  By the time I had the lens on my camera, what I had left was the maroon coloured sky you had here, and about three minutes later all of the colour was gone.  Like the last time, I had taken the screen out of my kitchen window in order to take this picture.  Luckily, it was the middle of November by this time so I didn't have to deal with any pesky insects trying to sneak their way in.  The photograph was taken at f/5.6, 1/80sec, ISO 400 at 270mm.  I would have preferred getting the bright red sky that I had seen, but when you're dealing with Mother Nature, you end up working on her clock.  I guess she was in a rush that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment