Wednesday 12 March 2014

For Steven

Those of you with long memories will remember that this photograph first appeared on this page back in June 2013.  It's back here tonight because this photograph was the favourite of my good buddy, Steven Beaulieu.  I found out this morning that Steven had lost his battle with cancer and I just wanted to put this up as a little tribute to him.  Steven was probably one of the most kind-hearted people I've ever met, and as with most people who are stricken with this terrible disease, he didn't deserve the end that he got.  Steven was a very spiritual person and I'd often end our hospital visits by telling him, "Sometimes you have to go through Hell in order to get into Heaven."  He'd get a kick out of that as myself and several friends tried to raise his spirits over his last few weeks.  One thing I'll always remember is what he said during one of our visits.  He told us that he didn't want to die because he loved life so much.  We should all love life as much as Steven did.  If there is a 'Big Guy' up there, I'm sure that he has a special place reserved for Steve.  If you'd like to find out the story behind this photograph, you can follow this link.  Take care, Little Buddy.  Thanks for your positive attitude, for always being a big supporter of my photography and for having been a great friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment