Saturday 8 March 2014

Wine & Cheese

I was snooping through the fridge looking for an after-work snack when I saw a tasty looking apple and cheese plate that was either prepared for me by those terrific Fridge Elves, or My Lovely Assistant.  The Fridge Elves have been there for about 12 years now and I've never really known them to make anything very creative, so I'm pretty sure this was the work of My Lovely Assistant.  Before I could start snacking, she walked in the door and put a couple of bottles of wine she had just bought on the table.  That's when the photographer in me took over.  I tried to arrange things so that I could make a nice table scene.  I had kind of achieved what I was looking for, but the scene was cluttered with my television and other living room items taking up space in the background.  As I tried to think of a better way to position the table, I remembered how I solved a similar problem back in February.  I grabbed the throw blanket from the bedroom and decided to use it as a backdrop.  My Lovely Assistant then lived up to her name by holding up the blanket so that I could have a nice grey backdrop for my photograph.  I had originally though about using my flash for this shot, but there was enough light coming in from the kitchen window.  There was even a little bit to much light, so I closed the blind a little bit, raised my ISO and started shooting.  I took this photograph at f/4, 1/100sec, ISO 400 at 24mm.  Then we settled down on the couch for a nice little snack.  Anything that may have happened afterwards was not photography related and none of your concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment