Thursday 12 November 2015

Musical Hands

Earlier this week I posted up several photographs that I took at the Aphasie Rive Sud fundraiser that my friend had organized.  I left one photograph out of that set because I wanted it to show it by itself.  Maybe I'm out to lunch on this one, but I really liked it.  These are the hands of Emilie Lecavalier, a pianist who has been playing with the Choeur Vives Voix for the last couple of years, and who my friend got to play for the fundraiser.  After getting several shots of the singers, I found myself in a position where I had a clear shot of her hands as she played and I thought that it made a very cool shot.  So, since this is my blog, here it is.  This photograph was taken at f/3.2, 1/250sec, ISO 1250 at 68mm.  I was afraid that in order to properly expose her hands that I might have overexposed the sheet music, but I was very happy to see that all of the notes survived.  Though I feel that I may not be properly expressing my thoughts on this photograph, which is probably why I tend to prefer photography over, say, public speaking, I still feel that this was my favourite photograph that I took that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment