Wednesday 4 November 2015

Red Pepper

It's been quite the while since I've played with my food.  So long, infact, that while digging through my hard drive during my monthly back-up, I found this lost pepper.  It was fresh from the store and the bright red colour instantly caught my eye.  I threw open the curtains in the kitchen and let the sunshine in.  I had to work fast because if my memory is correct, this pepper was scheduled to become part of supper that night.  Seeing as how the first  photograph was taken on a window sill,  I tried to get as close as possible for my shot and I used a large aperture in order to blur out the less than spectacular background.  For the second photograph, I still stayed close to my subject.  I tried to focus on the texture of the inside of the pepper because I found that it was really interesting.  I also played around with the positioning of the slice of pepper in order to get a nice shadow effect on my plate.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/1600sec, ISO 400 at 68mm and the second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 60mm.

There are all kinds of colourful things that you can find in the kitchen.  As an added bonus, this one had a nice texture to it as well.  It made for a tasty addition to supper than night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment