Saturday 28 November 2015

Pontiac GTO

As we approach the end of another month, I find myself getting ready for the monthly back-up of my hard drive.  Doing so usually entails my going through all of the folders in my photography file and trying to figure out which ones I can remove from my computer and place in the relative safety of the different hard drives I use to back up my photographs.  It's usually at that point where I realize how far behind I am in getting my shots here onto the blog and I dig something out and throw it up on the site right away.  Such is the case of this photograph, taken back in May.  I was at an antique car show and the colour of this Pontiac GTO caught my eye.  I wanted to take a tight photograph of the car logo, simply because I really liked the colour.  I noticed that the sun was reflecting in the chrome around the letters, so I used a small aperture which resulted in getting those little star shapes you see in different locations around the lettering.  This photograph was taken at f/16, 1/60sec, ISO 100 at 59mm.  I hope you enjoyed this little trip to the archives, now go an back-up your own hard drives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment