Wednesday 25 November 2015

Napoleon`s Last Stand

Over the last several years, I've photographed all kinds of strange and wonderful things.  It's time to add to that list.  This update is about photographing a corpse.  Before you all get a little worried, it's a bug corpse that I have photographed.  My Lovely Assistant and I have this little habit of giving names to things that happen to find their way into our home.  For some reason, this guy ended up being called Napoleon, possibly because he was small and rather daring.  He found his way into our home around Christmas last year.  He flew around for a few days before suddenly disappearing.  A few weeks later, I found what was left of our little buddy, and thought that his corpse was so well preserved, it might make for an interesting photograph.  I put him on the window sill and was really impressed with the detail in the body, especially the head and wings.  I took this photograph at f/5.6, 1/160sec, ISO 1600 at 60mm.  Is it a little bit weird?  Possibly, but I also think that it's a pretty cool look at something that I've never seen so close before.  To each his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment