Tuesday 10 November 2015

Poppy

Remembrance Day is once again upon us, and the symbol for this very important day is the poppy.  I wasn't able to attend any of the weekend Remembrance Day ceremonies this year, nor will I be able to attend on on the 11th.  In my 'Perfect World', Remembrance Day will become a National Holiday so that everyone can take the time to pay their respect to those who gave their lives so that we can live in freedom today.  However, since I'm nowhere near able to pass laws at the moment, I'm going to have to dig into my archives and pull out this extra photograph that I took at a ceremony I attended last year.  This photograph was taken at f/11, 1/250sec, ISO 400 at 52mm.  I didn't want to entirely blur out the background of this photograph, so I positioned myself close to the poppy, and used a small aperture.  This allowed me to focus on the poppy, but not throw the rest of the photograph out of focus entirely.  Don't forget to take a moment out of your day to remember those who made the most important sacrifice there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment