Wednesday 18 November 2015

No Strings Attached

 I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone is well aware of the tragic events that took place in Paris a few days ago.  I kind of like to keep things light, so this won't really turn into any kind of deep discussion.  One of the ways that cities around the world have been showing their support for the city of Paris has been to light up buildings with the colours of the French flag.  Here in Montreal, both the Olympic Stadium and the Montreal Biosphere have changed their lighting into the blue, white and red colour pattern of the French flag.  Heading out to the Olympic Stadium was a little bit out of my way, plus it was really well done by one of my friends, Marilyn.  So, I decided to stick close to home.  While driving a few weeks ago, I noticed the Biosphere from an angle that I had not yet tried, where we could see some of the buildings of Montreal as well.  I went to take the photograph, but there was this telephone line going right across the frame of my shot, so I kind of 'cheated' and used Photoshop to make it disappear.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 7sec, ISO 100 at 68mm.  I waited a bit past sunset to take my shot, and also waited to get a good series of cars to pass by to get the light streaks across the bottom of my photograph.  I know removing the lines goes against much of what I've said about using Photoshop to alter images, but that telephone line really bothered me.  I'll try and go back to being principled with the next photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment