Sunday 13 March 2016

Chocolate Sausage

They say that times flies when you're having fun, and one year ago today was a very fun time indeed.  It was the vernissage of my 'Very Colourful' photography exhibition at the bibliothèque Claude-Henri-Grignon in Longueuil.  One of the stars of the evening, other than my photographs, were the snacks prepared by My Lovely Assistant.  As I spent most of the rest of that month advertising the event, I never got around to posting some photographs of her creations here on the blog.  This chocolate sausage was a very popular snack with those in attendance.  Seeing as how I'm always in the process of trying to figure out the mystery that is food photography, I couldn't resist but try my hand at photographing this treat.  Besides, what better way to get ready for a photography exhibition than by taking some photographs.  I went online to try and find a little bit of inspiration on how best to photograph what my Lovely Assistant had created.  I was trying to find different lighting angles, backgrounds, even extra little accessories, anything to try and make my job a little more clear.  As usual, I ended up spending much more time than I had planned playing with my camera.  There's nothing worse than being late for your own party, so My Lovely Assistant had to step in and make sure that we had enough time to get everything packed up and hit the road.  The snack itself was made of a mixture of dark chocolate and crushed nuts, all rolled together, chilled in the fridge and then covered with some icing sugar before being cut into little slices.  I asked My Lovely Assistant for more details, but she said that she did it all with magic.  Seeing as how the kitchen is a complete mystery to me, I believe her.  The first photograph was taken at f/9, 1/60sec, ISO 800 at 35mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/13, 1/60sec, ISO 1600 at 24mm and the third was taken at f/13, 1/250sec, ISO 1600 at 24mm.  They were very popular that night, luckily My Lovely Assistant had made a second batch so I had some more for a little while afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment