Wednesday 30 March 2016

Still Deep, Still Blue


There's a saying about striking while the iron is hot.  A couple of days ago I put up an older photograph I had taken of the St. Lawrence River in the Spring not so long ago.  I was very much taken by how blue the water was at the time, and judging by some of the reactions I received, some of you out there liked them as well.  So, I dug back into the archives because I remembered that I took a few more photographs of the river that day, this time with the Jacques Cartier Bridge in the background.  I decided to crop them the same way as I did with the previous photograph and put them up here as well.

The first photograph was taken at f/10, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 68mm and the second photograph was taken at f/13, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 24mm.  With the first photograph, I was happy to get some colour from the rides of La Ronde to offset the lack of trees.  With the second photograph, I was happy to add the Molson Brewery and the boats that were docked at the time.  That about does it for that batch of photographs, I'm glad that they found their way out of my hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment