Saturday 19 March 2016

Temperance Movement at The Corona

We're currently going through some technical difficulties over at Blog Central.  In the language of my Grandparents, my laptop has decided to give up the ghost.  I'm currently in full-blown shopping mode, trying to find a replacement that fits my photographic needs while also not emptying my iron-clad wallet.  Sadly, the two don't always go well together.  So, we bow our head for a moment of silence in respect to our fallen PC brother.    With that over with, it's time for a little rock and roll.  These photographs are of a band called The Temperance Movement.  They were second on the bill of a concert at the Corona Theatre that I was lucky enough to get my camera into.  For those with short memories, making a first visit or viewing after a long period of time, my photographs of Les Deuxluxes and my photographs of Monster Truck can be found by following the respective links.  The Temperance Movement are a British blues/rock band that I stumbled upon through reading magazine articles a few years back and this was my first chance to see them live.  Photographically, the lighting was better than it was for the opening act, but not quite bright enough to capture all of the movements of the singer, who is quite animated while up on stage.  I still managed to grab a few shots by again trying to capture the group in less animated moments and by trying to time the lighting in my mind so that that I could figure out when they'd be at their brightest so I could get some better speeds.  The first photograph was taken at f/4, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm.  The second photograph was taken at f/4, 1/60sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm and the third photograph was taken at f/4, 1/100sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm.  Here are a few more photographs that I took during the show, beginning with another one of those "I can't decide if I like it in colour or black & white" moments.  I suppose it would seems a little more classy if I did like the music industry and labeled it as a 'bonus photograph' instead.

f/4.5, 1/80sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

The same, but in B&W

f/5, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/5, 1/125sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

f/5, 1/40sec, ISO 3200 at 50mm

And that brings an end to my latest trip for some live music to the Corona Theatre.  All three bands were great and the added bonus of being able to get my camera in the door just added to the fun.  Hopefully some more bands that I like will be performing there this year.






No comments:

Post a Comment