Thursday 24 March 2016

Mid-Parade Break

There were a few moments late last week when I wasn't sure if I would be going to the Saint-Patrick's Day Parade.  In the event that I wouldn't make it, I went digging into the archives to try and find something from previous outings that I could put up here, keeping with the Saint-Patrick's theme.  That's when I came upon this little photograph that I had taken a few years ago.  Several times during the parade, people will cross the street between the floats and the performers.  Saint-Patrick's is also known as an event in which lots of people decide to have an adult beverage or two.  Seeing how the two are connected, I found it rather fun to see this guy crossing the street with his case of beer.  Luckily, I was fast enough to grab this photograph, which wasn't the case this year as I missed some girls drop their cans of beer which proceeded to explode at their feet.  You always need to be ready to fire away.  This photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/400sec, ISO 400 at 70mm.  I was about to toss this photograph back into the archives to save for next year, but I'd already put the watermark on it, and there's still more photographs floating around the archives than will ever see the light of day.  Might as well let this one have it's moment in the internet sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment