Monday 28 March 2016

Deep Blue Sea

The computer issues of the last few days has allowed me to at least grab a few photographs from out of the archives and posted here on the site.  This is another photograph from a few years ago, but taken pretty near this time of the year.  Spring was upon us, the temperatures were warming and what ice that was left on the river was being taken away by the current. While on a visit to Old Montreal, I was taken with how blue the water was, and I saw this little piece of ice floating away.  Coupled with the the general lack of colour from Île Sainte-Hélène, I thought the blue of the water really stood out.  I decided to crop this photograph in a widescreen style, using some of the Île Sainte-Hélène landmarks as anchors for the final product.  The photograph was taken at f/18, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 34mm.  This would probably be a nice view for a Fall photograph as well.  I might have to try and make my way down there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment