Friday 13 May 2016

Buzzing Around

Bumblebees and myself have had a love/hate relationship over the years.  When I was a kid, I wasn't a very big fan.  I got stung a few times over the years, though I later discovered that my assailants weren't the fuzzy bumble, but rather some of their jerkish cousins like wasps and hornets.  These little guys end up providing a great deal of good in the world, and photographically speaking, they make cool models.  They're large enough to show up on the screen and slow enough so that it's possible to use a slower shutter speed and a smaller aperture in order to make sure the flowers will be in focus as well.  The first photograph was taken at f/6.3, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 110mm.  Here's another one.

f/6.3, 1/125sec, ISO 100 at 110mm

Keep your eyes peeled for the humble bumblebee.  He's doing some hard work in order to make sure that you get some nice flowers to look at and tasty fruits and vegetables to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment