Sunday 1 May 2016

In Bloom

The old saying is that 'April Showers Bring May Flowers'.  In fact, the title of this little update was going to be something along those lines until I found out that I've already used that a few times here over the years.  April was kind of chilly this year.  As a result, there aren't very many new flowers in my neck of the woods.  So in an attempt to bring a little colour to our lives, it was off to the archives to find these cool flowers that I photographed while on vacation in the Mont Tremblant area a few years back.  The first photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/1000sec, ISO 100 at 51mm.  Here are a few more that I took that day.

f/2.8, 1/400sec, ISO 100 at 60mm

f/2.8, 1/1600sec, ISO 400 at 60mm

As you can see from this little selection, I like taking either big close-ups of the flowers in order to get a nice look at the center or petals, or photographs from a little distance so that I can get a nice blurred background.  Generally, I choose which I''ll try based on the location.  It just so happened that this place offered a nice colourful background for some of the flowers so I was able to take both kind of shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment