Tuesday 7 April 2020

Fake Drawings

One of the reasons I took up photography was to be able to capture some of the interesting images that I would stumble upon in daily life.  One of the reasons why I wanted to capture them with a camera was because I wasn't able to recreate them myself.  One of the things that has always annoyed me is my complete lack of ability when it comes to drawing.  All the way back in school, I was always impressed by the people who could grab a bunch of coloring pencils and end with with a work of art mere moments later.  I have a hard enough time drawing a stick man, forget all about a complex city scene.  
This set of pictures comes from a visit up on the deck of the Jacques Cartier Bridge several years back to watch the fireworks.  The fireworks ended up being a bust, but I really liked this wide-angle shot.  I was still new to using Photoshop back then, so I ended up playing with a bunch of the filters and ended up finding one that had a water colour effect and another was pencil effect.  I kinda liked that one.  It took an okay photograph and gave it a bit of a different look.  Something that I would have liked to draw myself.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 13sec, ISO 100 at 32mm and then fiddled around with in Photoshop.  Just a little bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment