Thursday 9 July 2020

Musical Memories

Since musicians can't give concerts in the usual pre-COVID fashion at the moment, some of them have taken to having online virtual concerts.  Such is the case for Matt Lang, who you are seeing a photograph of on the left of the page.  Obviously, I won't be shooting the show, but this does allow me to take a nice trip down a musical memory lane.  Back on Canada Day in 2018, Matt Lang was the headline performer at the annual Greenfield Park celebration.  I was in the crowd for that show, with camera in hand.  It was a great performance that night, and I was even happier when I got home and looked at my photographs.  I had recently been bitten by the music photography bug and was wondering how some unknown like myself could maybe advance in that world.  Those photographs came out so well that a few months later I sent off a request for a photo pass for an indoor show and was accepted.  Many shows have come and gone since then, but if it wasn't for that one Matt Lang show, I might not have found the courage or belief to take that extra step forward.  This photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1/160sec, ISO 3200 at 62mm. If you'd like to go back in time to see the other photographs that I took of that show, you can find them by following this link.  If you'd like to find out more about Matt Lang and his music, don't forget to follow this link to his website.  Finally, if you're interested in watching his virtual concert tomorrow night (July 10th), you can follow this link or the following link to the TD Musicparc site to find out where he'll be performing later this month at a drive-in theater near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment