Saturday 25 July 2020

Forgotten Sunset

One of the fun things about taking a trip through the archives is stumbling upon something I wasn't looking for.  I was searching for some unused fireworks photographs, but came across this sunset shot instead.  I would show up very early to claim a good spot to shoot the fireworks, which meant I was already in place and installed when the sun would begin to set.  That allowed me to catch this shot of the sun setting behind some ominous looking clouds, with a nice bit of red coming out from behind and reflecting on the water.  Playing with the shutter speed allowed me to put the boats that were lining up for the show in a silhoutte and making the red that much more prominent.  The photograph was taken at f/7.1, 1/15sec, ISO 100 at 62mm.  To go back in time and see the fireworks that took place a little later, go ahead and follow the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment