Friday 22 January 2021

Chilly Sunset

With a little bit of time off this week from The Day Job, I've been trying to get out a little bit and snap some seasonal photographs.  One thing that I keep getting drawn back to are the bridges of Montreal.  I have photographed them so much over the years that they're kind of like old friends.  It feels good to visit them from time to time.  Wednesday it seemed like there would be a nice sunset so I headed out to one of my favourite fireworks locations to watch the sun set behind the Jacques Cartier Bridge.  Mother Nature didn't provide many clouds, but the one large one in the middle of the bridge looked pretty cool.  Like a bright spotlight trying to shine through a smoke machine.  Since we're still under confinement with a curfew, I don't have much to do at night once The Heir Apparent goes to sleep, so I decided to try this one as both a regular 8"x12" shot and also stretched out as a 4"x12" shot.  As usual, I like them both, so they both get to show up in this update.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/500sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.

*** EDIT ***

I guess I wasn't paying attention, because my photograph appeared on the CTV Montreal 6:00PM newscast on Thursday night.  I hadn't been expecting it as I had submitted the photo Wednesday night.  I guess it was to late to use then, but they were kind enough to use it on Thursday night instead.  As a result, I wasn't able to record the segment for the old blog, but if you follow this link, it will lead you to the newscast and my photograph will be shown at the 18min40sec mark.  Thank you very much to Lori Graham and the gang at CTV Montreal for using my photograph.  I'll try to pay better attention next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment