Sunday 3 January 2021

Musical Memories

One year ago today you could say that I was riding pretty high.  I had just completed a most exciting year of photography, My Lovely Assistant and I had just moved into the new Head Office, we were but a few weeks away from the arrival of The Heir Apparent.  That night, I headed in to Montreal to photograph a triple-bill at the Théâtre Corona, headlined by Dutch symphonic metal band, Epica.  As usual, I showed up early at the venue because I want to be as close to the stage as possible in case there was no photo pit.  My stomach sank a little bit when I arrived as the line to enter the building already streched down the block and around the corner.  Luckily, there was a pit that night so everything ended up okay, but I was a little worried there for a while in that line.  Joining Epica on stage that night were Blackguard and The Agonist.  I later learned both bands were from Montreal and that had probably been the reason for the huge line that I found myself in earlier in the night.  All three bands put on a great performance that night and just like that, I was off to what I thought was going to be a terrific year.  What is it that they say about the best laid plans?  The first photograph, taken while Blackguard was performing, was taken at f/2.8, 1/80sec, ISO 6400 at 24mm.  The second photograph, taken while The Agonist performed, was taken at f/2.8, 1/200sec, ISO 6400 at 39mm.  Here are two other photographs that were taken while Epica performed up on the stage.


f/2.8, 1/1250sec, ISO 3200 at 31mm
 
f/2.8, 1/800sec, ISO 3200 at 31mm
 
If you'd like to see the other photographs I took that night, you can find the photographs that I took of Blackguard by following this link, the photographs of The Agonist can be found at this link and the photographs of Epica can be found at this link.  While you're zooming around the internet, don't forget to visit the websites of Blackguard, The Agonist and Epica to find out more about them and their music.  Hopefully I'll be able to see them again one day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment