Wednesday 6 January 2021

Pour Some Sugar On Me

It is common knowledge around these parts that My Lovely Assistant is a master in the kitchen.  During the holidays she decided to try her hand at a new treat.  A bit before Christmas she bought a mold for baking doughnuts so I knew that my taste buds were going to be in for a happy start to the year.  The first batch was made last week and they were delicious.  So to mark the occasion,  I decided to break out the camera and capture the moment.  I stacked a few of the doughnuts on a plate and then placed it in front of our Christmas tree.  I turned on the tree lights to add a bit of colour to the background and thought that it might be cool to drop some powdered sugar onto the doughnuts as the photograph was being taken.  I then turned off the kitchen lights and bounced some flash off the ceiling in order to light up the doughnuts, but not overpower the lights in the tree which preserved the different colours.  The photograph was taken at f/2.8, 1sec, ISO 100 at 70mm.  As with most of My Lovely Assistant's creations, they don't last very long after being photograph.  This batch is already gone, hopefully there will be more to come shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment