Tuesday 26 January 2021

Rise, Shine And Give God The Glory

Over the last week I've had a bit of time off and have been trying to photograph some sunrises and sunsets.  While I was driving back home from sunrise hunting I noticed that the sun would rise next to the Paroisse Saint-Hubert. It is located on one of Canada's oldest roads, Chemin Chambly, which was established as a military road between forts back in 1665.  For a more recent story, the location of the sun and the church reminded me of something my Grandmother used to say to us when we woke in the morning.  'Rise, shine and give God the glory' would chime from her mouth and was a memory that immediately came to mind when I saw the sun next to the church.  The photograph was taken at f/16, 1/250sec, ISO 100 at 38mm.  It may have been freezing cold outside, but the sun wasn't about to miss the Sunday service.

No comments:

Post a Comment